Find a Pro in Anchorage, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Anchorage
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Anchorage, AK
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Anchorage, AK. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.