Find a Pro in Kenai, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Kenai, Alaska. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Kenai
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Kenai, Alaska
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Kenai, Alaska. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.