Find a Pro in Ketchikan, Alaska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Ketchikan, Alaska. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alaska // Ketchikan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Ketchikan, Alaska
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Ketchikan, Alaska. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.