Find a Pro in Alabaster, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Alabaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Alabaster, AL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Alabaster, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.