Find a Pro in Albertville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Albertville, Alabama. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Albertville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Albertville, Alabama
When you need roofing maintenance services in Albertville, Alabama, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Albertville, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your home today.