Find a Pro in Alexandria, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Alexandria
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Alexandria, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Alexandria, AL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.