Find a Pro in Allgood, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Allgood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Allgood, AL
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Allgood, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Allgood, AL. Find the right contractor for your house now.