Find a Pro in Ariton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Ariton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Ariton, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Ariton, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.