Find a Pro in Baileyton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Baileyton, AL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Baileyton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Baileyton, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Baileyton, AL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.