Find a Pro in Bankston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Bankston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bankston, Alabama
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bankston, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Bankston, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.