Find a Pro in Centreville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Centreville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Centreville, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Centreville, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Centreville, AL. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.