Find a Pro in Chunchula, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Chunchula
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Chunchula, Alabama
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Chunchula, Alabama. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.