Find a Pro in Cordova, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Cordova
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cordova, AL
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Cordova, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.