Find a Pro in Dora, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Dora
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Dora, AL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Dora, AL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dora, AL. Find the right contractor for your property now.