Find a Pro in Falkville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Falkville, AL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Falkville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Falkville, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Falkville, AL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Falkville, AL. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.