Find a Pro in Goodwater, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Goodwater, Alabama. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Goodwater
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Goodwater, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Goodwater, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.