Find a Pro in Greenville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Greenville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Greenville, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Greenville, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Greenville, Alabama. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.