Find a Pro in Guin, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Guin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Guin, AL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Guin, AL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.