Find a Pro in Highland Home, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Highland Home, Alabama. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Highland Home
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Highland Home, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Highland Home, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Highland Home, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your property right away.