Find a Pro in Hollywood, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Hollywood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Hollywood, AL
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hollywood, AL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.