Find a Pro in Montgomery, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Montgomery
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Montgomery, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Montgomery, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Montgomery, Alabama. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.