Find a Pro in Mooresville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Mooresville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Mooresville, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Mooresville, Alabama. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mooresville, Alabama. Find the right contractor for your home today.