Find a Pro in Morris, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Morris
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Morris, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Morris, Alabama. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.