Find a Pro in Pell City, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Pell City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Pell City, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Pell City, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Pell City, AL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.