Find a Pro in Rainsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Rainsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Rainsville, AL
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rainsville, AL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.