Find a Pro in Reform, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Reform
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Reform, AL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Reform, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.