Find a Pro in Saraland, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Saraland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Saraland, Alabama
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Saraland, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.