Find a Pro in Sheffield, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Sheffield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sheffield, AL
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sheffield, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sheffield, AL. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.