Find a Pro in Skipperville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Skipperville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Skipperville, AL
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Skipperville, AL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Skipperville, AL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.