Find a Pro in Tallassee, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Tallassee
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Tallassee, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Tallassee, Alabama. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.