Find a Pro in Troy, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Troy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Troy, AL
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Troy, AL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.