Find a Pro in Wagarville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Wagarville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Wagarville, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Wagarville, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.