Find a Pro in Wetumpka, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Wetumpka, Alabama. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Wetumpka
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Wetumpka, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Wetumpka, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wetumpka, Alabama. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.