Find a Pro in Woodstock, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Alabama // Woodstock
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Woodstock, Alabama
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Woodstock, Alabama, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Woodstock, Alabama. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.