Find a Pro in Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Arkadelphia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Arkadelphia, Arkansas
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.