Find a Pro in Atkins, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Atkins
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Atkins, AR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Atkins, AR. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Atkins, AR. Find the right contractor for your home now.