Find a Pro in Blytheville, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Blytheville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Blytheville, AR
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Blytheville, AR. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.