Find a Pro in Charleston, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Charleston, AR. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Charleston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Charleston, AR
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Charleston, AR. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.