Find a Pro in Dardanelle, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Dardanelle
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Dardanelle, AR
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dardanelle, AR. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.