Find a Pro in Edmondson, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Edmondson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Edmondson, AR
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Edmondson, AR. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Edmondson, AR. Find the right contractor for your property today.