Find a Pro in Garner, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Garner
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Garner, AR
When you need roofing maintenance services in Garner, AR, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.