Find a Pro in Houston, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Houston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Houston, AR
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Houston, AR. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.