Find a Pro in Mayflower, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Mayflower, AR. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Mayflower
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Mayflower, AR
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Mayflower, AR. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mayflower, AR. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.