Find a Pro in Mountain Home, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Mountain Home, AR. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Mountain Home
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Mountain Home, AR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Mountain Home, AR. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Mountain Home, AR. Find the right contractor for your home today.