Find a Pro in Mountain View, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Mountain View
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Mountain View, AR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Mountain View, AR. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.