Find a Pro in Ogden, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Ogden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Ogden, AR
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Ogden, AR. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ogden, AR. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.