Find a Pro in Pettigrew, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Pettigrew
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Pettigrew, Arkansas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Pettigrew, Arkansas. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Pettigrew, Arkansas. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.