Find a Pro in Swifton, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Swifton, AR. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Swifton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Swifton, AR
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Swifton, AR. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.