Find a Pro in Ward, Arkansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Ward, AR. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arkansas // Ward
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Ward, AR
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ward, AR. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.