Find a Pro in El Mirage, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // El Mirage
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near El Mirage, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in El Mirage, AZ. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.